Even Google Promotes itself!
Promoting a local business opportunity isn’t easy these days.
Whether it’s because of oversaturation or complicated search engine algorithms, it’s all too easy to feel like no one will find your business in the local or national search results.
Luckily, there’s an easy way to improve your local SEO. All you have to do is list your business in online business directories such as Yellow Pages, Manta, and more. This is called building citations, and it’s a critical piece of a local marketing strategy.
What is a business directory?
A business directory is an online list of businesses within a particular niche, location, or category. One way local businesses can get found by online searchers is through inclusion in business directories.
Why you need to get listed in multiple relevant business directory?
Today, Google is inserting itself between consumer and local business websites much more often. For proof, you need to look no further than Google My Business, Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP), featured snippets, and most importantly, local packs.
By building citations, you can make sure that you appear in these local packs when people look for businesses like yours in their area. Business directories may seem like a thing of the past, but they’re a great way to grow your presence online.
You can improve visibility by listing your local business’ NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) on directories, online business listing sites, and citation sites. Aside from improving your local SEO, these can also improve your rankings on search engines because the listings usually link back to your site.
Make sure your company listing has the following information once you add it to a directory:
• Consistent NAP. If you add or update your business on multiple business listing sites, make sure you’re providing the same company information across each directory.
• A link to your website. Backlinks — also known as inbound links — are crucial to your company website’s Domain Rating. Consider adding a tracking link at the end of this URL as well, so you can see how much traffic your website specifically gets from the business directories that are linking to it.
• A company description. Make sure you have a detailed description of your business that reflects your organization’s mission, culture, and values.
• Multimedia. Give company searchers a visual taste of your business with a picture or video of your office, your employees, or your daily business operations.
There are plenty of location-specific and industry-specific business listing sites where you can submit your data. To start promoting your local business, however, you should start with the big sites and work your way toward the more niche directories.
First, let’s go over the top free business directories.
Free Business Listings
• Apple Maps
• Google My Business
• LinkedIn Company Directory
• Super Pages
Online Directories for Local Businesses
• Facebook Pages (Domain Rating = 100)
• Instagram for Business (Domain Rating = 99)
• Google My Business (Domain Rating = 98)
• LinkedIn Company Directory (Domain Rating = 98)
• Apple Maps (Domain Rating = 97)
• Yelp (Domain Rating = 94)
• Bing (Domain Rating = 93)
• HubSpot’s Solutions Directory (Domain Rating = 93)
• Better Business Bureau (Domain Rating = 93)
• MapQuest (Domain Rating = 92)
• Foursquare (Domain Rating = 91)
• Yahoo! Local (Domain Rating = 91)
• Thumbtack (Domain Rating = 90)
• Yellow Pages (Domain Rating = 90)
• Angi, FKA Angie’s List ( Domain Rating = 91)
• Nextdoor (Domain Rating = 87)
• Manta (Domain Rating = 87)
• Merchant Circle (Domain Rating = 85)
• YellowBook.com (Domain Rating = 82)
• Dun & Bradstreet Business Directory (Domain Rating = 80)
• Local.com (Domain Rating = 79)
• Hotfrog (Domain Rating = 79)
• ChamberofCommerce.com (Domain Rating = 79)
• 2FindLocal (Domain Rating = 46)
• EZlocal (Domain Rating = 78)
• Brownbook.net (Domain Rating = 77)
Would you like to own your own Hair Extensions & Hair loss Business? Then you’ll find a massive opportunity here at Need A Hair Makeover & Hair loss Specialist Salon Franchise! You can make a comprehensive difference in someone’ life
You must be logged in to post a comment.