Switch on your Momentum!
By Arub Masoodi BA (Hons)
Public Relations Intern, Academy of Vocational and Professional Training LTD
AVPT has started a unique 5 week summer program for youth that is unemployed or simply bored at home. The purpose is to equip teenagers and young adults with important soft skills and motivate them towards employment.
For those who don’t know, soft skills are attributes that enrich a person’s individual interactions and job skills. Skills like public speaking, project management, time management, and critical thinking are among the many important skills offered.
There is a serious crime problem among the youth today creating a situation where many teenagers and young adults are prisoners in their own home due to fear of falling victim to gang related crimes in their neighbourhood or fear of being pressured to join a gang.
Diane Shawe, CEO and Founder of AVPT Global saw an opportunity to be an advocate for these youths and offered company resources, staff and courses free of charge in order to inspire, motivate and empower young adults with courses covering a wide range of vital skills. Their financial background or neighbourhood of residence has no bearing on whether they can sign up for switch momentum or on what they can achieve.
Certified motivational speakers and soft skill facilitators are present to teach our summer courses. Soft skills for a job or business start up such as critical thinking, problem solving, creating a dynamic job portfolio, business start-up boot camp, budgeting and money, and courses to energize the mind such as confidence building, public speaking are among the several courses offered in the program.
There are prizes and give-aways offered as well. Among them:
1) Scholarship Den: Pitch a business or community project idea to win £2000 worth of soft-skills courses and funding.
2) Switch Momentum 2014 marketing campaign contest: pitch marketing ideas for next year’s summer program to win the latest technology.
3) An interview to win an exclusive internships and apprenticeships.
This fabulous summer program will be offered from our prestigious office on New Broad Street, just moments away from Liverpool Street Station. We’ve got the passion, but we also need your help and support. It doesn’t matter how you choose to help us, but any help will do so please do so!
For the summer program, we need:
- Give-aways such as business books vouchers, shirt retailers vouchers, note pads and pens
- To raise £20k to pay for room hire, travel expenses, course material, video equipment hire
- Guest speakers & travel expenses
- Food, snacks and beverages
- Printing, promotions and prizes
Switch Momentum Course List
To find out more, please see Switch Momentum\SM sponsorship proposal May 2013.pdf or email email@example.com directly.